Tuesday, 16 October 2007

How to Overcome Language Barriers

As I was sitting in the bus, I noticed two young Oriental guys, possibly Chinese, having a conversation outside. They were both having a giggle about something. Even though I didn't have a clue about what they were on about, I couldn't help but giggle.

Two Spanish women in front of me had also caught the laughing bug. One got her camera out and filmed the two guys, who were oblivious to all the attention they were receiving. They just kept laughing and we chuckled.

When the bus left even though the guys were not in the bus, their laughter was still present. I noticed the two women in front were exchanging funny stories in Spanish. As I don't speak Spanish, I closed my eyes and enjoyed their laughter.

Who needs to learn other languages when I can speak Laughter?

Enocia

Related articles: Circle of Influence; Chuckle Vision; Speaking the One Language; Canned Laughter